- September 12, 2019 /
- Posted by francorugs
You’ve just moved into your new home or apartment and your furniture arrangement suits your lifestyle perfectly. Perhaps you have a black leather sectional in your family room, a few carefully placed occasional tables and scattered pieces of abstract art on the wall. The only thing you’re missing is the perfect area rug to tie all of the pieces together. An area rug, especially in an interesting pattern or bold color, can really liven up your space! At Franco Oriental Rugs, a well-known rug store in Boca Raton, we’re not just about Oriental Rugs. We have a wide selection of area rugs and carpets to choose from including contemporary, traditional and natural fiber rugs to handmade rugs imported from the Middle East to delicate antique rugs. We also have a full-selection of area rugs from other countries which will add a bit of an exotic flavor to your space.
How do I choose the perfect area rug for my space?
When shopping for an area rug, you might have a specific style in mind, color, size, and price. Or you might just be browsing for ideas. Needless to say, area rug shopping can make your head spin. There are so many colors, sizes, shapes and patterns to choose from. So, how do you decide on the perfect area rug for your room? Here are some ideas:
- Color is an individual choice but to tie artwork and furnishings together, it might be a good idea to select a color theme that flows throughout. If you’re over your monochromatic phase—liven things up with a bold colored area rug. It will definitely add renewed energy to the space.
- Size- The traditional way to select an area rug is to measure the seating area and to select a rug that is closest in size so that the furniture legs can rest on top of it. This also helps to hold the rug in place.
- Shape – Be fearless when it comes to using area rugs. Don’t be afraid to change up the traditional square or rectangular shape by adding a circular rug in the entry or living room or even an animal hide rug in the bedroom.
- Pattern – If you have a patterned comforter in your bedroom or geometric-shaped drapes, it might be best to go with a subtle patterned rug in a neutral tone.
- Traffic – Be aware of how much foot traffic the area you are putting the rug in receives. High- pile area rugs are best for bedrooms and low-pile works best in high-traffic areas like the den or living areas.
For the largest selection of area rugs, why not try Franco Oriental Rugs, a unique and affordable, family-owned rug store in Boca Raton. Our experienced and knowledgeable staff, as well as our owner, will be glad to help you select the perfect area rug for your space. Whether your style is rustic, farmhouse, contemporary, modern or Boho chic, Franco Oriental Rugs has the perfect rug for you. Come on in and visit us at our conveniently located Boca Raton shop or call (561) 994-7409. We’ll be happy to answer any questions about our rugs or yours!