- December 15, 2019 /
- Posted by Franco Oriental Rugs
Antique rugs are always in style — it’s the kind of decorative piece that can help breath new life into any lackluster space. But how do you find the perfect antique rug in Boca Raton? It depends on what you are looking for and how you want to style your space. If you prefer a more minimalist look, then you might want to add a rug with a bit more color to brighten things up without adding too much clutter. Or, if you like an eclectic style, you might choose a rug created with an intriguing mix of patterns and colors. There are so many antique rugs in Boca Raton to choose from, and the choices can sometimes be overwhelming. At Franco Oriental Rugs, we can help you select the perfect rug. We have every size, color, and shape you could wish for, and our owner or any of the knowledgeable staff will be happy to assist you with your selection. Franco Oriental Rugs are handwoven by skilled artisans from all over the world, so you know you are acquiring a unique antique rug that is one-of-a-kind.
What should I keep in mind when buying an antique rug?
1. What is your style? – Do you prefer very modern, contemporary, classic, traditional, rustic farmhouse or French County décor? Knowing and embracing your specific style will make a difference in the type of antique rug you select for your space. You should pay close attention to your color scheme and, when in doubt, choose something that does not overwhelm your space.
2. Measure your space – It is essential to measure the area where the rug will sit. Most designers say that there should be at least six inches to a foot of space from the edge of the rug to the wall, An antique rug that’s too large for a space will overwhelm it.
3. Layering – Over the last few years, layering has become a popular option in the design world. We see all kinds of layered rugs, some traditional and some contemporary that take advantage of the latest geometrical shapes. If you are going to layer your antique rug, you’ll want to make sure that they blend well and don’t overwhelm each other.
4. Is it a high traffic area? – If you are placing your antique rug in a high traffic area of your Boca Raton home such as a family room or kitchen, it’s best to find something with a higher-quality weave that can stand up to heavier traffic flow. Darker colors may also work best to keep dirt on the rug from showing.
When in doubt, always defer to the experts. For the largest selection of antique rugs in Boca Raton, Franco Oriental Rugs has got it all under one roof. We are a family-owned rug store with the largest selection of antique rugs in Boca Raton. Our experienced and knowledgeable staff will be glad to help you select the perfect rug for your space. Whether your style is rustic, farmhouse, contemporary, modern, or shabby chic, Franco Oriental Rugs has the perfect piece for you. Come on in and visit us at our conveniently located Boca Raton shop or call (561) 994-7409 for more information.